"No es agradable estar solo con pensamientos lúgubres en el silencio blanco" (Jack London, The White Silence, 1899)

"Sí, el món ens ensenya a ser humils. Perquè vaig tornar d'aquell viatge avergonyit de la meva ignorància"
(Ryszard Kapuscinski, Viatges amb Heròdot, 2004)

8.11.07

Peace Through Sport


Dear friends,

I've many stories in my knapsack waiting to be shared with you. Last week took me to Amman, where I had the privilege to attend the pilot camp of the Peace Through Sport project, promoted by Prince Feisal al-Hussein, who managed to gather peace & sports leaders from Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Sudan and some peacekeeping troops from Jordan. For those who felt that my last article was a bit too pessimistic, I can tell that those 70 heroes, or “peace pioneers” like they called themselves, gave me some fresh hope!

Full story will follow soon. Stay tuned!

1 comentari:

Anònim ha dit...

Hello Eric, my name is Derek Belch and I am graduate student at Stanford University in the United States. I am doing a report for a class about the Peace Through Sport initiative. I came across your blog in my research. I would like to talk to you about the organization and your experience, if this is possible. Please email me at dbelch@stanford.edu to possibly arrange a time when I can call you or chat with you online. I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks!